Heat stroke, also known as sun stroke, is over heat illness. Heat stroke is a form of hyperthermia in which the body temperature greater than 40.6 °C (105.1 °F) is elevated dramatically. It is because of environmental heat exposure with lack of thermoregulation.This hot air mostly runs in the hot summer months. It is important to be careful with heat stroke. Most children or older people easily get into the grip of heatstroke. Because they have low self defence power to face the heat.
Symptoms of heat stroke
- Throbbing headache.
- Dizziness and light-headedness.
- Lack of sweating despite the heat.
- Red, hot, and dry skin.
- Muscle weakness or cramps.
- Rapid heartbeat, which may be either strong or weak.
- Behavioral changes such as confusion, disorientation, or staggering.
- The absence of sweating, and coma.
- Increase the temperature.
- Having trouble breathing.
Heat Stroke Reasons
- The reason is Lack of heat in body.
- If there is a shortage of water in the body.
- Then the body can not cool itself. In this case, the likelihood of heat stroke increases.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol or tea coffee etc. during the summer season.
- Sitting in a closed car without AC.
- If there is a temperature of 25 ° C, then the temperature inside the car can be 50 ° C or more.
- Do not stay alone in a closed car because heat can be stroke in a short time.
- High humidity.
- When the moisture becomes more in the environment then sweat does not fly from the body. Due to not sweating, coldness is not possible.
- Wearing synthetic or tight clothes in the summer season does not cause air and the heat inside the body does not get out.
- Long-suffering from heart disease, lung problems, kidney problem, obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, mental stress, tension etc.
- When it comes to physical strength, it starts affecting. In this case, the effect of high heat can be quickly damaged. Therefore, be more careful.
Protection from Heat Stroke
- In the summer season, more and more liquid things should be consumed so that the water produced in the sweat becomes filling.
- Vegetable juice, buttermilk, Fruit juice, lemon juice etc. can be taken. Just getting thirsty does not mean the body needs water.
- If the urine is yellow, it may be that your body is getting less water than needed. So drink plenty of water.
- Due to the fact that the water is cool in the pot, so the temperature of the body is reduced due to sweating by skin.
- Cover the head and neck from heat or cover the head with a thin cloth.
- Wearing full sleeves and white or light colored dresses should be worth.
- Sunscreen lotion can be used, whose SPF is 30 or more.
- Keeping a small onion in the pocket can prevent you from heatstroke.
- The person with the heatstroke should not be wrapped in wet clothes. It can increase body temperature by working as an insulation.
- Try to reduce the heat of the body by rotating wet sponge or wet cloth.
- Arrange the air by bringing the injured person first in the shade. Due to heat the temperature of the body increases. By bringing in the shade, the temperature of the body starts coming normal.
- Massage the feet of the feet so that blood circulation is affected.
- If you get out of the house in the sun then use the umbrella. Bare body and bare feet should not stand in the sun.
- Do not get into a cold room from heat.
- Bathe twice a day.
- In the summer, light and quick digested food should be eaten.
- You can also drink Aam panna.
- Aam pannais an Indian drink popular for its heat-resistant properties. It is made from green mangoes and is consumed as a tasty and healthy beverage to fight against the intense Indian summer heat.
- Drink it a couple of times a day, three times a day.
- The person with the heat stroke should be taken to the doctor as soon as possible.
Simple Recipe of Aam Panna
- 2 or 3 green mangoes
- 2 tsp cumin seed(jeera) powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- Black salt to taste.
- First wash green mangoes and boil them nicely.
- Let them cool.
- Now peel mash and strain the pulp.
- Add cumin powder,black pepper powder,sugar,and black salt.
- Mix all the ingredients well till sugar dissolved.
- Add some chilled water in it. Stir well and serve.